Children, Young People and Families
Individual assessment and therapy for children, young people, parents/carers and families.
At different stages of life, we all may face particular challenges. Children and young people may experience distress or upset in relation to family issues, life events, transitions, friendships or educational challenges.
Sometimes we may need additional support from outside of the family to help understand and manage the challenges, to recognise strengths and to explore solutions. By promoting positive emotional health and well being, children and young people can be supported to achieve their hopes and aspirations. I believe that by empowering children, families, parents and carers in recognising and enhancing their own strengths they can build upon their skills, resilience and confidence.
How can I help?
I can offer a safe and containing therapeutic space to explore, reflect and respond to a range of emotional and behavioural issues which may contribute to your child, young person or yourself as a parent, feeling unhappy, lacking in confidence, worried or out of control.
What I can offer
Individual assessment and therapy for children, young people (up to age 25), parents/carers and families.
- An initial free 15 minute telephone consultation - I find that it is really helpful to have a preliminary telephone consultation to find out about the issues that have prompted you to get in contact with me, to establish if I am able to help with your concerns and to decide if you wish to go ahead with an initial appointment.
Following this consultation, I can arrange:-
- An initial appointment/consultation. This will enable me to gain a comprehensive background and developmental history, an assessment of current difficulties and concerns and negotiate together a way forward.
- Following assessment, sessions can be offered through individual therapy, family work, parent consultation and if indicated, school/multi-agency liaison. We can explore together what is the best fit for you. The frequency of these can be discussed and agreed upon together.
- I also offer parent/carer only consultation.
- I am able to offer face to face appointments at my rooms based in Bedale, remote video/ telephone appointments and outdoor walk and talk sessions.
- Fees - Please email me for information about fees for assessment and therapy sessions.